Magical Tibet: Across the Roof of the World
Please note that Helen Gigliotti's digital slide show presentation is scheduled for Dec. 11, not Dec. 18 as previously published in the Topics. Join Helen as she guides us over the soaring Tibetan Plateau to visit remote hamlets and striking fortress-monasteries where flickering yak butter lamps iluminate ancient Buddhist frescoes. Don't miss this journey! Dec. 11, UC Center, 7:00 p.m.
Tehipite Chapter Annual Banquet
Tehipite Chapter Annual Banquet featuring Frank Helling in his portrayal of John Muir. Please note that our National Parks have been seriously affected by secuestration, and as a result our previously scheduled speaker will not be able to join us. While disappointed, we are equally delighted that Mr. Helling has agreed to perform his live presentation of "A Visit with John Muir." Click on "Read more" for more details.
Oh No! Not PG&E Again!
The middle sized blue oak at left is at least 30 feet from PG&Eâ€™s Helms-Gregg 230 kilovolt transmission line on the left. Yet PG&E officials say this tree and thousands of others must now be removed to guarantee system reliability. The line has been here for 26 years and the trees have not caused a problem during that time. So why do the trees need to be removed now?
Volume 59, Number 4
- Fulton Mall Targeted by City Hall
- Tehipite Chapter Meetings and Information
- Merced Group Meetings and Information
- The Fulton Green Project: A Broader Vision for Fresno's Future
- Fulton Mall as a Scapegoat for Past City Planning Policy Failures
- Public Sentiment Largely Rejects Traffic on the Fulton Mall
- The Rim Fire’s Harsh Lesson
- Wilderness 50: Art and Wilderness
- Veterans Day Car Camping Trip: Western Utah Exploration